She had just gotten married, said a prolifically (is this a wise move grammatically? profilicallly? who uses that? Me!! You should know from the start I'm absolutely fearless) tearful goodbye to her family and friends, loaded everything she could fit (allowing a modest amount of room for her husband) into her Honda Civic to begin the journey South. I am far from being the first to note that this is where the story always ends. For me it is the beginning of a whole new life. So let's see what has happened since that day...
For my sweet millions of adoring readers who don't know me well yet, it is important to say that no important journey, whether it be to pick up the aforesaid husband (let's just give him a name--Sam is one that comes to me from out of the clear blue sky) from work or to travel across the country in a beloved Civic, should begin without a coffee in hand. And so here they are, the happy couple, with their bowls of soul. If "Sam" doesn't appear too terribly happy, it is because he is still learning to love coffee as much as I do. Note that this is also the beginning of Sam's travels into the land of beard-dom.
Round about Salt Lake City we were getting hungry and after a failed attempt to go to the world famous Maddox (at which we only obtained this poor picture because I was too lazy to get out of the moving car to take it)

we went on to our favorite Italian restaurant at the Gateway Mall. It was here that we took more pictures of ourselves making silly faces, and recreated our wedding ring shot as we fought over the unbelievable focaccia bread. Silly kids!

Then my crazy Sam said that since we were at a mall and malls were made for buying things we should really go get...please pause for a drumroll! this is big boys and girls! the first addition to our new family! And! it! is! a!

Were we ever proud of this new addition to our new family! To express our delight we took more cute pictures of ourselves.
I gazed lovingly at our macbook pro all the way to Moab (a.k.a. honeymoon road trip destination #1) and whispered promises to try my hardest to become worthy of the pro in my macbook.
Now I'm sure, having left you with this cliff hanger, you are dying to know what happened next. You are just going to have to be patient friends. I'm very busy and important what with making the bed, going to the library, and looking for places to work or even volunteer. I can't just sit around blogging all day. Until we meet again!
OWNED by S. Barsness. Excellent excellent. Subscribing ahora!
ReplyDeleteHow do I subscribe?! I am in LOVE with my heroine and will be her ever faithful loving reader and fan for life!!! Viva la BLOG!!!
ReplyDeleteI am loving it!!!! Keep it coming!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Meggy! I think you need a twitter, yahoo, or gmail account to subscribe. So glad you want to follow! :)
ReplyDeleteLiterary genius!!
ReplyDeleteHappily it looks like you two are having fun so keep up the good word!!
ReplyDeleteBill & I just ordered a MacBk Pro to send to Amy in Fairbanks in honor of her completing her PhD in Plant Biology.
Love your designs Sarah & the recipe for coconut pudding.
I'll be on the lookout for the next update. Hugs
So glad to hear from you Rosie!
ReplyDelete