When I pictured my first Christmas in the South, I thought about gracious Southern hospitality, amazing food, and beautifully decorated front porches. The one thing I really didn't factor in...
...was snow! You can imagine how excited Sam and I were to wake up at the farm to find a winter wonderland.
This is the acceptable version of Sam and I enjoying the snow. We had to have many tries because one of us wasn't cooperating with my vision for Christmas morning joy:
Sam's mom is known for spoiling us with ridiculously lovely breakfasts, but for Christmas she outdid herself.
We had a lovely time together.
Growing up, I always thought I was a little too cool for Christmas morning pictures. My mom wanted to capture every present that I opened for posterity, and I thought that wasn't totally necessary. I think history will show that my mom has documented our Christmas mornings with such an outstanding level of excellence that were we to view those pictures quickly it would be a stilted video of the actual day. But in this as in many other things, it turns out that I am (proudly) my mother's daughter. So when Sam and I opened our presents, I was all over it.
![]() |
| Not to be too braggy, but I thought I really caught the energy of that paper ripping |
For our first Christmas together, Sam and I pretended we were snowed in and made a gorgeous dinner of steak, lobster, and of course, Fanta (who could get by without their Christmas Fanta)?
It was a very, very happy day. Hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas!




No comments:
Post a Comment