Friday, August 27, 2010

City of the Dead


Menacing title, huh?  Well, I don't use it lightly.  After having done extensive research using the infallible resources of the internet and the American Institute of Paranormal Psychology, I can confirm it is 100ish% true. Savannah, Georgia, known primarily for being incredibly beautiful


is also (dum, dum, DUUUMMM!!!) the city of the dead.

You have to hum the Twilight Zone theme song to view this picture.

Now I know there are going to be skeptics out there who don't believe that Blue Orb Ghost Tours are really all that scientific.  Can you deny HISTORY, skeptics!?!  Can you deny that the Yellow Fever, ancient Native American Burial grounds (desecrated and now cursed) and various other disasters led to 25,000 unmarked graves in Savannah that the city was then built over?  Can you deny that any normal citizen just walking along practically trips over bones if they dig only a few feet below the surface at any point in the city?   Can you really look at me and say that you don't believe Voo Doo Witch Doctors even now constantly go to Savannah's squares to dig up bones for their dark arts?

I know that even with these compelling facts you may doubt me.  And I can have compassion for that.  After all, who am I but a humble blogger and tourist?  You can doubt the information I have presented to you from semi-credible sources.  But will you not be moved by my own story?  Here is what I know from personal experience:

Fact #1
Within hours of arriving in the city of Savannah, my brother and sister who I have known their whole lives started acting like crazy people:




Even Sam and I struggled under the influence of this powerful force:


Fact #2
Our hotel was obviously haunted.  How else can you explain the following phenomena?
*  All the ice machines in the hotel "mysteriously" didn't work
*  There was white powder and bits of toilet paper on the floor of the bathroom before we got there
*  The carpet had a strange smell, exactly like the smell Blue Orb Ghost Expert Alabama Tobias described as being the smell of death
*  Minutes after we got in the pool a storm with thunder, lightening, and rain began and we barely made it out of the pool alive
*  When we got up in the morning for the complimentary breakfast the hotel provided it wasn't there


Fact #3
We actually photographed the ghosts our own selves on the Blue Orb Tour.  In these pictures you will obviously see the face of a little girl killed by her father in the windows of this house.  If you look carefully you can also see Toto and the Witch of the West, but that may be a different phenomena:



And is it just a coincidence that Manda and Danny have a strange orange glow while viewing the haunted photos in the haunted hotel?


Of all of us, I think Sam was most affected (probably because he is most in touch with the paranormal).  Days later, he still wore a haunted expression, long after we had left...The City of the Dead.

1 comment:

  1. The ghost hunter that showed us around told us to take lots of pictures because sometimes ghosts show up in the pictures even though you can't see them with your eyes. So Sarah took hundreds of pictures of me looking for ghosts (or maybe some spirit). That explains why she found such goofy ones of me. I can only look rico suave 95% of the time.
    Just like a ghost tour, it's the unexpected and unbelievable things that make a trip so much fun. So if the hotel lobby carpet is rank and you have to ride 5 hours in a hot car after swimming in the ocean without a shower, it's best to be sharing it with the lovable Barsness family.

    ReplyDelete