But.
As so often happens in the Chalkboard House, the sweetness of life is mixed with the bitter. And the bitter, bitter pill of this stay-cation is that due to a technical failure that was no one but Kodak's fault all the photographs we took of it were lost with nothing but a "memory card failure error" message to explain why.
Obviously, we were upset. What could I do? Not blog? Never! Only on days when I don't feel like it could this be an acceptable excuse. No, there was only one solution: I was forced to find random pictures from the internet to try and recreate the events of our stay-cation.
Day 1
Our theme for this day was Atlanta (this may seem like an obvious theme for someone on a stay-cation in Atlanta, but roll with me, I like having theme days).
The first stop to represent Atlanta of course had to be Target. We live large, what can I day? Why Target? Because I
(here played by Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, because I love her and always will) needed a bike for further adventures
(my bike is played by Wonder Woman's invisible plane, because unfortunately for her she never had an invisible bike).
I hate to break things into rankings, but my favorite part of Day 1 may actually have been riding my new bike around the Target parking lot and the thrill of getting it into the Honda Civic when we thought there was no possible way
(Just pretend the snuggie/lamp/ducky/frame is my bike). After accomplishing mission GSaB, we went home, recuperated, ate leftovers, and went, to....
The Cyclorama! This depiction of the Battle of Atlanta is the largest painting and diorama in the world! It was a lot of fun. At the gift shop, they had a hat and beard you could put on to look like Abraham Lincoln. I took a hilarious picture with this on:
(shown here as Wonder Woman and Abraham Lincoln morphed together). Of course, since we were in the area we had to stop at Atlanta's gourmet ice cream shop, Morelli's, were they make incredible ice cream in crazy flavors like maple bacon brittle, and coconut jalapeno. Sam kept it traditional with butter pecan
He looked much better than this picture of Vince Vaughn with vanilla ice cream. And I had Elvis Lives
which is banana, peanut butter, and chocolate. That would have been enough for one day, but I didn't get my super hero status just by randomly downloading pictures of others. No! We kept the party going with a bike ride along the Chattahootchee and a movie night.
Day one was a major success!
(my bike is played by Wonder Woman's invisible plane, because unfortunately for her she never had an invisible bike).
I hate to break things into rankings, but my favorite part of Day 1 may actually have been riding my new bike around the Target parking lot and the thrill of getting it into the Honda Civic when we thought there was no possible way
(Just pretend the snuggie/lamp/ducky/frame is my bike). After accomplishing mission GSaB, we went home, recuperated, ate leftovers, and went, to....
The Cyclorama! This depiction of the Battle of Atlanta is the largest painting and diorama in the world! It was a lot of fun. At the gift shop, they had a hat and beard you could put on to look like Abraham Lincoln. I took a hilarious picture with this on:
(shown here as Wonder Woman and Abraham Lincoln morphed together). Of course, since we were in the area we had to stop at Atlanta's gourmet ice cream shop, Morelli's, were they make incredible ice cream in crazy flavors like maple bacon brittle, and coconut jalapeno. Sam kept it traditional with butter pecan
He looked much better than this picture of Vince Vaughn with vanilla ice cream. And I had Elvis Lives
which is banana, peanut butter, and chocolate. That would have been enough for one day, but I didn't get my super hero status just by randomly downloading pictures of others. No! We kept the party going with a bike ride along the Chattahootchee and a movie night.
Day one was a major success!








Can I just say a big 'Bravo!' with gusto for re-creating spontaneous Wonder Woman magic on the spot after mourning the loss of a memory card. Blast! So glad to have our next installment, and as always, looking forward to the next! xo...Meggy
ReplyDelete